Tuesday 14 May 2013

Beside the Seaside by Georgina Sweetenham


Hi! It's Georgina again with my second blog post as this month's Guest Designer. My second project is a card with a British seaside feel. I have used stamps from the lovely Seaside No. 1 # and Beside the Seaside stamp sets both of course from The Artistic Stamper. I have used a traditional red, white and blue colour scheme.

I begun by using a range of the stamps from the two stamp sets to create the two background papers.


I used a red and dark red ink pads for the seashell panel. And bright blue and navy blue ink pads for the fish panel. I attached these to scalloped edge panels of coloured card. I like to use stamps from sets to create background designs. You can then easily co-ordinate colours and design, rather than trying to find pre-printed background paper to match.

I stamped the ships wheel design with both a dark brown and Tuxedo Black Memento ink pads. I coloured the stamped images with ProMarkers. I cut out the centre people image from the black stamped image and attached it on top of the brown stamped image. I cut out the wheel and attached it with foam pads onto a white and red die cut circles. I added Glossy Accents to the lenses of the binoculars.


I stamped the umbrella twice in red ink and one in brown. I attached the red layers on top of the brown. For the second red layer I only attached the top front section with foam pads.


The sentiment is also part of the  Beside the Seaside stamp set. I stamped it in red and blue inks onto white card. I cut out the words and attached the to a blue card flag shape.


I attached all the elements to a square card blank. To finish I attached a red and blue stamped anchor design with foam pads.


11 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a great card!!! It really let me hope for some sommer weather, I like the combination of hte shells and the fisches , and I like the colorcombination as well!!!

Greetings
Maria

Anonymous said...

That's a terrific card!

Astrid Maclean said...

What a fun card! It really has that sea side feel, let's hope the weather will start to play ball sometime soon, here in Scotland it was trying to snow yesterday...

Artyjen said...

How fabulous....just love the background paper you created :)
xoxo Sioux

Deborah said...

Oh I love this. The two-tone background stamping is genius.

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Love your card ! the colors are so bright !!

Zuzu's Blog said...

this is suer cool. lots of work behind it too. wonderful card.

craftytrog said...

Fantastic card Georgina! xx

Words and Pictures said...

Such a fantastically vibrant card, Georgina - love hte cheeky focal image and the stamped background panels are so cool!
Alison x

ionabunny said...

Fantastic. Love the red blue layering. That wheel is fab

Salla said...

What a cheerful card! I particularly love how you made the backgrounds.