Thursday 13 March 2014

Inspire card by Astrid

Hello everyone and lovely to have you visiting.

As I needed a card for a crafty friend, I thought I would make one for my project this time.


I started by cutting a piece of Ranger Speciality Stamping Paper to 5 x 7 "  and frayed the edges a bit with a Distressing tool. I then added some Grunge Paste through one of the new Tim Holtz Layering Stencils..


Once the paste had dried I added some strips of Tissue Tape and background stamping with some of the stamps from the Katie Fox Numerical Plate. I stamped in Watering Can Archival and Pumice Stone Distress inks. I love how one of the stamps almost looks as if you added more tissue paper, specially if you only part stamp it.


Next I added some subtle colours with Picket Fence and Frayed Burlap Distress Paints. I blended them a bit with the help of a baby wipe and my finger.


I added some further textures to my card with a small piece of Hessian topped with a strip of old book paper. I also added some layers of gauze slightly coloured with Dylusions Sprays in Melted Chocolate and Black Marble.


Time to embellish: I stamped the word Inspire and the little heart from the Journaling 2 Plate in Jet Black and Vermilion Archival inks, fussy cut them and adhered them to the page. The heart was made slightly larger by adhering it to a punched heart.

I finished it off with some bits and pieces from my stash, including the Ideaology Baubles

Finally I mounted the panel on to a piece of black card and that was it.
Hope you like my card and thank you so much for visiting today!

33 comments:

massofhair said...

Very beautiful Astrid, love everything:-) xxx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Love Love Love this one Astrid!

Rosie said...

A gorgeous card, Astrid

Inkypinkycraft said...

Thisis just gorgeous , I love it! Trace x

Maryann Laursen said...

So beautiful card Astrid, you just deliver as usual, and what a great result you delivered too, so beautiful.

Helen said...

Wonderful!! Love the colours, and of course the textures. Bet your friend loved it too.

Ink Art Designs said...

I love this card Astrid! The colours are so natural and blend so well with the textures. Gorgeous!!!
Dot x

sally said...

I love all the layers & lovely textures!

Sally

Deborah said...

Love the wonderful texture on this card and the beautiful red heart. I think that card is going to end up in a frame - a crime if it's not.

Sid said...

Fab collage !!

Paula Whittaker said...

liking the layers and texture. Fab card.

Jennie Atkinson said...

Such a fabulous card Astrid. Thank you for showing all the different steps - I always wonder how you get such a lovely integrated feel with your backgrounds. I shall certainly be having a go! x

Redanne said...

Astrid, this card is beyond stunning! Like Jennie, I am so glad you showed us how you created it, this is a keepsake for sure.. xx

Caroline said...

Just adore the whole textured, layered, rustic, distressed vibes!! Tfs :))

rachel said...

great textures Astrid - a fabulous card xx

Craftyfield said...

Deliciously grungy/shabby/vintagey Love it!

Maryanne said...

Love this card, Astrid! The background is fantastic and I love all the embellishments!

Claudia N. said...

Your "Zweiter Aufzug" is absolutely breathtaking, Astrid!

Love all the wonderful texture as well as the highly textural materials and embellishments you used on it! A Shabby Vintage Wonder!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous project and fantastic tutorial as always, Shirleyx

Debbie Adams said...

What a beautiful card. Love the textures and stamps u used.

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! xxx

Marjie Kemper said...

What a lucky friend, to receive this beautiful piece! Love all the layered bits and such fab texture.

Corrie Herriman said...

Wonderful card ! I love all the layers and textures !
Corrie x

Anonymous said...

Astrid, that is a stunning card. The layers & textures look wonderful.

Words and Pictures said...

It's just beautiful, Astrid... I adore the subtle shading over the white background to create that brilliant distressed look, especially over the texture. And the heart is a wonderful hit of colour. Beautiful tiny photo on the key - just great embellishing altogether. I love it!
Alison xx

Margaret Mifsud said...

Magic!!!! Love this card Astrid. Adore the colours and shading, love the textures and as always the elements you've incorporated are perfect!! Your friend would have been thrilled to bits!! Totally stunning card!! ox

froebelsternchen said...

wonderful Astrid!

Kelly said...

Very sweet and I love the design. I adore the textures with the light shading. The subtle background pulls it together so beautifully!
Hugs Kelly

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful work!

Sandy said...

Your make is gorgeous Astrid - I do like the neutral colors with the red heart. I have some of those baubles and never can come up with the right way of using them. That's why they pay you the BIG bucks.
Sandy xx

Jools Robertson said...

Beautiful! love the hessian and gauze textures with the stencil, so have to get that one
Gorgeous colours and embellishments

Jools x

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Love your tute and your piece !

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

This is just stunning Astrid. Beautiful! x