Friday 24 April 2015

Butterfly's Farewell

Hello all, Alison (butterfly) here, and I'm very sad to say it's my last official posting as part of the Artistic Stamper team.  As many of you will know, life's been getting busier, and "something's gotta give"!

I've had an amazing time creating with the Artistic Stamper stamps (and the stencils too) over the last two years, and I'm so grateful to Jennie for her generosity and good humoured leadership, and for the chance to work with her fantastic designs.  (My textured tags last time didn't use the words "With Thanks" by accident!)  It's been a real privilege and pleasure to play alongside such a wonderful team of creative designers too, both past and present.

So, this final post is a chance to revisit some favourite projects created over the last two years.  You'll notice some of my go-to stamps occurring more than once - the Katy Leitch flowers, the fabulous Journalling Words, the Gibson Girls, and of course my much-loved background staples - the Calligraphy Plates, the Mini Polka Dots - as well as many others.  I hope you'll enjoy the little trip down Memory Lane...  (You can of course click on the links if you need to see more!)

Some of the birds get to fly free, but will the woman ever break out of her cage? Pay a visit to see the tiny cracked hearts and the background layers.

One of my favourite layered backgrounds, stamping and embossing and paint and ink, behind the Encyclopedia Botanica flowers.

The new Flourish Background, a despondent Gibson Girl and an unusual colour palette for me - oh, and lots of crackle of course.

A simple tag with the recent Gardening stamps - but it made me happy to create and makes me happy to look at!

My first offering as a full-blown team member, and one of my earliest journalling efforts.  Those Gibson Girls always seem to turn up when I'm in a melancholy mood.

Autumnal fun with a little book of leaves and a book box to keep it in - and the Dates and Journalling Words also put in an appearance.

Journalling words at the heart of this textural page too... (Is there such a thing as "too much crackle"?  I'm going with "no"!)

... and they're the main feature on this gift wallet along with some lovely postal designs - pay a visit to see what happens when you flip over to the other side.

Another early creation - butterflies and Botanica, blue and brown - my obsessions were clear right from the start!

The piece that started it all off - my first creation as a Guest Designer, but it remains a favourite - worth a visit as it's not easy to capture in one photo!


The melancholy Gibson Girls start talking to you when you flip these tags over - and you should see the suitcase they travel in (well, tags are luggage labels, after all).

Another favourite background, and another play with Katy Leitch's fabulous flowers - and more shades of blue and brown.  A creature of habit... who, me?!

A round dozen for you there (plus a couple of cheaty extras over at Words and Pictures today, just to decorate the post!), and that's where I'll have to love you and leave you - with immense and grateful thanks for all your wonderful visits and comments here over the last couple of years.

I know you'll keep dropping by to enjoy the inspirational work of the rest of the team, and I'll see you out there in Craftyblogland I'm sure.  Happy Crafting all!

19 comments:

massofhair said...

Wonderful reflective and happy post Alison, so good to see some of your design pieces. I am sure Jennie is understanding about life taking over but you will be missed very much.

Thank you for keeping me inspired and showing how to get the best from The Artistic Stamper stamps, it has been a pleasure Alison :-) xxx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

All lovely projects, Alison! You will be missed here.

Helen said...

how fabulous to see all these creations together side by side - well one under the other but you know what I mean! I am sure Jennie and the team will miss your contributions but at least you won't be far away!

Jenny Marples said...

What a wonderful walk down memory lane Alison. You'll be missed. Jenny x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Hi Alison I fully understand your reasons. You have been an amazing inspiration to me and I will miss having you on the team. A lovely collection of your work over your time here. X

Artyjen said...

Great to take a trip back in time ;)
Hope the future brings you all the best in life.
xoxo Sioux

Jennie Atkinson said...

Sad to see you leave Alison as you work is always so inspirational. Take care! Jennie x

Jackie PN said...

A beautiful walk down memory lane Alison!! Thank you so much for sharing all of your lovely pieces- you will surely be missed here! xo

Dorthe said...

Such beautiful, and amazing pieces all, I love your creations, Alison, and all your wonderful imagination, when using stamps and colours !! Thank you for all these lovely hours, here ,with you !!
Dorthe, xo

Jane said...

What lovely work you made Alison, you will be very missed by the team I am sure. Take care xx

Renee said...

Your beautiful contributions will be missed! Wishing you all the best. xxx

sally said...

So lovely to revisit some of these & I still love the butterfly tree!

Sally

Redanne said...

Oh what wonderful memories you take with you Alison! I have no doubt you will be sorely missed by Jennie and the Design Team, your work is such an inspiration to us all! Anne xx

rachel said...

wonderful memories Alison - I'm sure Jennie will miss you here the most - I hope it doesn't mean we see less of your work! Hugs rachel x

Fliss said...

These are all so beautiful Alison and I'm sure you'll be missed here too.
Fliss xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a lovely collection! I'm sure you will be missed but with a busy life to lead I'm sure there will be other good things to come! Chrisx

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Great projects ! we will miss you dear Allison ! I wish you all the best in your future life !!!
xoxoxxo

Cocofolies said...

Absolutely AMAZING works.... I remember every of these projects, I just adore each of them!!!! You have wonderfully showcased these great stamps Alison for the two past years. I wish you the very best for the following, maybe one day you will be back in this great and very lovely team! xxx

Mary Elizabeth said...

You will be missed. You have brought Jennie's stamps to life for me over the last couple of years. I love them. -- Mary Elizabeth