Wednesday 16 September 2015

Journal Banner Dress by Gemma


Hi All

Its all about journal pages for me at the moment, they give me a freedom and a relaxed way to play, that is not present when I am constructing a album.



I started by covering the page with Gesso. Then using an old plastic card I scrapped Fresco Finish Granny Smith and Teresa Green over the whole page.Then using what is still a favourite of mine, good old Distress inks (Shabby Shutter and Pealed Paint) , I stamped over the top with Chevron Elements and Harlequin






Then out came the Geli plate, I have been a very naughty girl and cut mine up into smaller pieces, but anyway, using more of the new limited addition Fresco Finish paints (all four colours this time). I used the Gelli plate as a stamp and applied paint in sections, layering it up with stamps from Borders #1. Once dry I stamped out the bunting stamp from the same set five times and cut them out. 


On a separate sheet of card I drew a body and added some titan buff, and tan Acrylic paint, unfortunately, faces and heads are still a work in progress, I completely messed this one up, so off it came and I stamped one out from an old Dylusions set, I glued one of the borders across the top of the page, and cut the others down more to form the dress. I then stamped and glued some words from an old stamp set.



 I could not have her floating so I drew in some grass under her feet, and cut and glued small flowers from the left over bits of paper, I also added some wings that I paint with Professor Plum and stamped on with Calligraphy mat 11. To finish off I went around everything with a black paint pen and added some white with a paint pen to areas on the dress and chevrons.

Thanks for reading
Gemma (inkykitty)

Products used from The Artistic Stamper 


1 comment:

Words and Pictures said...

Light and spontaneous - there's a lovely gentleness about this page.
Alison x