Friday 16 September 2016

Accordion fold card and box by Gemma

Hello Everyone 

This months challenge theme on The Blog and Facebook page is Monochromatic. Here is a little more inspiration, there is still plenty of time to join in the fun, we love looking at all your creations.


For the card I cut a piece of card stock to measure 37.5cm x 14.5cm I scored this at 7.7cm intervals along the top and burnishes all the score lines. The box is a little bigger with plenty of space for a small gift to be placed underneath the card. The card for the box measured 41cm x 14.5cm. This needs score lines at 3cm, 16cm, 3cm,16cm with 3cm left along the 41cm side, and 3cm score lines along the 14.5 side (fingers crossed that made some kind of sense). 


I brushed black and white Dylusions paint over both pieces of card, this blended together to give me lots of different shades of grey and white patches. I then randomly stamped both the Grid and Dots background stamps over the top using the black paint. 


After drying that off with my heat tool I sponged some white paint through the random dots mask, then I stamped one of the Dog Rose stamps designed by Lesley Mathewson over the top with Archival Ink.


Once everything was dry I used Posca paint pens to colour the flowers in orange for a hint of colour, I also used the same pens to add dots to the centre of the flowers. I finished off by going around the edges of the flowers with a black pen and adding a quote from Georgia O'Keefe.



Thank you for reading

Gemma 


2 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful accordion card Gemma. Love the colors you have chosen here.

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

brillant and very beautiful !!