Wednesday 16 May 2018

Fun Flower Canvas by Gemma

Hello

It is midway through the month and there is still plenty of time to join the challenge here on the blog and on the Facebook page. I am loving the entries so far and can not wait to see more of them.

I have a bright green canvas to share with you all today. The focus was the bright green background made with a calligraphy mat and Harlequin mask 


What I did 😊


I started by applying texture paste through the Harlequin mask. Once that was dry I applied layers of green paint, some I mixed with water for a thinner consistency, and some I added white paint to for a different tint of green, while they were still wet I wiped the paint away on some of the Harlequin patterns.


Once dry I repositioned the Harlequin mask back over the texture paste and applied a very small amount of very watered down paint. When I did this I made sure not to completely cover the layers underneath knocking it back with a wipe if I needed to.
The background was finished off by stamping in a brown ink with a calligraphy mat stamp.
Then I doodled the flowers on and a border around the edges.

Thanks for reading

Gemma